THAI FRUIT CARVING EXPERIENCE + THAI MEAL
Fri 19th Jul 18:00pm - 21:00pm
Enjoy an interactive Thai fruit and vegetable carving experience with Chef Nasima. Let your artistic inhibition come alive in this half a day workshop where you will learn to create work of art with simple fruits and vegetables. You will create your own fruit carving display and place them artistically in your own hamper to take with you.
Introduction to fruit carving:
We will start with introduction to fruit carving with the basics. You will learn to hold the knife at different points, how to make the correct incisions and how to make your carving piece most appealing. You will start with small fruits/vegetable and work your way up to the larger ones. You will be impressed with what you can learn in those three hours and you will definitely take away skills that can be transferable in your culinary journey.
Examples of items to be carved:
- A variation of Leaf Carving using zucchini, carrots and apples
- A range of different floral carvings using apples, radish, cantaloupe melon and other fruits
- Swan carving using apples and other fruits
You will be using a variety of fruits and vegetables including apples, carrots, squash, zucchini, radish & cantaloupe melon and more.
Venue Information & Travel:
The workshop is located at Fruitima's Home studio in Bray near Windsor, Berkshire.
- Once ticket is purchased we will e-mail you the full address.
- Easy access from M4 J8/9
- Train - Maidenhead: 20-30 minutes from London Paddington
- Bus - Easy bus route from Maidenhead station
- Free off-street parking available.
Tea, coffee and Thai Meal will be provided.