DETAILS - What to Expect
Enjoy an interactive Thai fruit and vegetable carving experience with Chef Nasima. Let your artistic inhibition come alive in this half a day workshop where you will learn to create work of art with simple fruits and vegetables. You will create your own fruit carving display and place them artistically in your own hamper to take with you.
Introduction to fruit carving:
We will start with introduction to fruit carving with the basics. You will learn to hold the knife at different points, how to make the correct incisions and how to make your carving piece most appealing. You will start with small fruits/vegetable and work your way up to the larger ones. You will be impressed with what you can learn in those three hours and you will definitely take away skills that can be transferable in your culinary journey.
Examples of items to be carved:
- A variation of Leaf Carving using zucchini, carrots and apples
- A range of different floral carvings using apples, radish, cantaloupe melon and other fruits
- Swan carving using apples and other fruits
You will be using a variety of fruits and vegetables including apples, carrots, squash, zucchini, radish & cantaloupe melon and more.
The workshop is located at Fruitima's Home studio in Chadwell Heath. Once ticket is purchased we will e-mail you the full address. Studio Located 10 minutes walk from Chadwell Heath Station. 20 minutes from Liverpool Street London and 15 minutes for Stratford Station.
Free off-street parking available.
Tea, coffee and Thai appetisers will be provided.
What is Thai Fruit Carving?
Get interactive with this fun Thai Carving Workshop and turn a simple fruit or vegetable into a work of art!
Chef Nasima is an acclaimed fruit carving chef who has over 10 years experience in the art. She has bagged awards for this passion with a long list of A-listers and well know brands such as the BBC1, Channel 4, Walt Disney and HSBC. You can be assured that you are in the right hands to guide you through your carving journey.
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify your strengths.
- Learn new tips to push to the next level.
- Structure and place your pieces in an aesthetic way to make it look appealing.
- Knife handling and incision techniques.
- Apply carving and garnishing hacks to wow your guests.
- How to preserve your fruits so they look and taste good for a longer period of time.
Terms & Condition
1. One ticket per person.
2. Ticket is non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
3. Ticket only valid for the date stated.
5. Fruitima reserves the right to withdraw the workshop should any unforeseen circumstance arise. Full refund will be issued to the purchaser.
6. The Fruit Carving Workshop is suitable for only 16 years and over.
7. The format of the workshop may be subject to change or alteration from what is advertised due to external circumstances and seasonal variations.
8. The venue operates a No Smoking Policy.
9. The Venue is a private property and respect and general etiquette must be adhered to.
10. Please bring indoor shoes/socks as outdoor footwear is not permitted.
11. Please be aware that there will be other participants in the class, hence mutual respect will need to be observed.
12. The price includes all fruits to be carved, use of professional tools, mini hamper (to place the fruits in), tea & coffee and refreshments.
13. Please not this is not an accredited course.