Fri, 22 Sept|
Fruit Carving Workshop - For Beginners
Time & Location
22 Sept, 10:30 – 13:30 BST
Maidenhead, Maidenhead SL6, UK
About The Event
What's in Store?
Fruit Carving Workshops are back! Whether you want to learn this creative skill as a hobby or thinking of starting your own business, this is the first step to your journey. Learn the foundation of fruit and vegetable carving in this 3-hour fun and interactive class.
Introduction to fruit carving
We will start with an introduction to fruit carving with the basics. You will learn to hold the knife at different points, how to make the correct incisions and how to make your carving piece most appealing. You will start with small fruits/vegetables and work your way up to the larger ones. You will be impressed with what you can learn in those three hours and you will definitely take away skills that can be transferable in your culinary journey.
Examples of items to be carved
A variation of Leaf Carving using zucchini, carrots and apples - A range of different floral carvings using apples, radish, cantaloupe melon and other fruits - Swan carving using apples and other fruits. You will be using a variety of fruits and vegetables including apples, carrots, squash, zucchini, radish & cantaloupe melon and more. You will create your own fruit carving display and place them artistically in your own hamper to take with you.
Venue Information & Travel
- The workshop is located at a private home studio in Bray near Windsor, Berkshire.
- Once the ticket is purchased we will e-mail you the full address.
- Easy access from M4 J8/9 - Train - Maidenhead: 20-30 minutes from London Paddington
- Bus - Easy bus route from Maidenhead station
- Free off-street parking is available.
Refreshments: Tea, coffee and a light Meal will be provided. Please email us with any dietary requirements.
- All fruits, use of tools & fruit carving knives and accessories is included in the price.
Click below for the full Terms & Condition