Live Cooking & Convo - Tarka Dhal & Naan Bread
Time & Location
About The Event
We understand that in this current climate we cannot run our regular cookery courses. However, you can still enjoy cookery classes though our on-line portal where you will be able to cook along with our chef, ask any questions and have a full interactive experience. Nasima will guide you through each steps to creating this favourite popular dish.
TARKA DHAL (LENTILS) & NAAN
- Recipe for 4 people
- TIME: 50 - 60 MINS
- Ingredients Required:
Although you will require the following ingredients, we understand that all the ingredients will not be available. Therefore, we have advised of substitutes.
- 300g red lentils (soaked in water for at least an hour). Or other small grain lentils such as yellow lentil.
- 1 medium size onion
- 5-7 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp panch puran (5 spice mix or whole coriander & cumin seed
- Fresh corriander (optional)
- 2 dried red chillied or green chillie
INGREDIENTS FOR NAAN BREAD
* 300g strong white bread flour or plain flour or self raising flour, plus extra for dusting
* ½ tsp baking powder, only required if using plain flour
* 2 tbs melted butter, plus extra 2-3 tbsp for greasing and brushing
* 2 tbs natural or Greek yogurt
* 120 ml Luke warm water
* pinch of Salt