8x Limes, cut in quarter then half accorss the middle
2 Unripe mangoes, keep skin on and cube
4 carrots, julienne
5/6 green chilies, cut in half horizontally
2 tsp fenugreek/Methi Seeds, roasted
1 tsp yellow mustard seeds, roasted
1 tsp nigella seeds, roasted
2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tbs garlic and ginger paste
salt to taste
1 pinch sugar
1 Cup mustard oil
extra oil for jaring
1. Mix all the ingredients except the extra oil, in a glass bowl.
2. Place in the microwave and heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. leave it over night in the glass bowl.
4. next day cook again in the microwave for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. once the lime and mango have gone soft.
6. Heat the extra oil in a pan until smoke is visible. Turn heat off and let it cool completely.
7. Prepare a glass jar by washing it with soapy water and drying it well with a paper towel.
8. place the jar in a hot oven for few minutes.
9. once the jar is cool to handle, place the pickle mix in a glass jar and pour in the oil. The Oil should float at least 1.5"-2" over the pickle pieces.
Enjoy with your next indian meal.