Creamy Vegetable Soup with Sour Cream
The cold winter nights calls for delicious creamy and smooth vegetable soup. A comforting and flavourful soup that's so easy to make. If your kids are anything like mine then you'll know that its such a mission getting them to have their five-a-day. Blending all the goodness into one bowl is a clever way to eat your way to nourishment.
Ingredients for Creamy vegetable soup
1 large carrots, sliced
1 large potato, peeled and cut into small chunks
2 celery sticks, sliced
1 large sweet potato cut into chunks
200ml hot water (approx)
2 tbsp butter
1 stop garlic powder
1 tsp dried herbs
1 vegetable stock
Pinch of black pepper
2 tbs sour cream (optional)
1. Peel, wash and slice the vegetables.
2. Heat butter in a large deep pan, add vegetables, garlic powder and black pepper and fry in the butter for 5 minutes on medium to high heat.
3. Crumble in the stock and add the water and bring to boil.
4. Cook on medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
5. Add the milk and simmer for a further 15 minutes until the vegetables are soft and the soup looks creamy.
6. Add the dried herbs and take off the heat.
7. Use a hand blender to blitz the soup into a smooth creamy texture.
7. Mix in the sour cream and serve with warm bread rolls.