Sticky Tuna Steak With Stir Fry Vegetables
Yesterday I messaged my husband from work asking him to sort out dinner as I needed some me time in the evening. He agreed and asked me what to cook. I reminded him of the Tuna steaks in the freezer and for him to thaw them. And I will tell him what to cook.
I came home and found him resting upstairs and the lifeless steak sitting in the bowl. Me being me, I thought lets help him out, I will prepare everything and leave him to do the rest.
I am glad to say he managed to fry the tuna in the garlic and cooked rice.
Then I came down, made the stir fry vegetables and the sticky sauce for the tuna.
I put it all together and we all had an amazing meal. It really does make a difference when couples can work on together and lessen the others burden.
Needless to say the Tuna smothered in the soy sticky sauce was absolutely divine. Even more so with the crunchy bite of mangetout and other vegetables was the perfect mix.
Here's the recipe below.
Sticky Tuna Steak with stir fry vegetables
Ingredient For Sticky Tuna
4 pieces Tuna Steak
Half tbs garlic, crushed
2 tbs dark soy sauce
2 tbs tomato ketchup
1 tbs sweet chilli
1 tbs chilli chutney (samosatney optional)
3 tbsp vegetable oil
For Vegetable Stiry Fry
100g Green beans or mangetout
50g button mushroom
Half red or green pepper
Half red onion
Red chillies sliced
2 tbs soy sauce
2 tsp plain flour
1 tbs tomato ketchup
2 tbs vegetable oil
For the Sticky Tuna
1. In a glass bowl add the soy sauce, ketchup, sweet chilli sauce and chilli chutney if your using it. Mix and keep to a side.
2. In a skillet heat oil and fry the garlic with the salt until golden brown.
3. Add the tuna and fry for approximately 5 minutes on each side.
4. Put the heat completely down and pour the soy sauce mix over the fish. Cover a simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
5. Take off the heat and sprinkle some sesame seeds and chopped chillies if you prefer.
For the Stir Fried Vegetables
1. Slice all the vegetables, wash and strain in a colander.
2. Heat oil in a wok and fry the garlic until golden brown.
3. Add the salt and vegetables, fry for about 5 minutes. We don't want the vegetable to overcook but should remain crunchy.
4. Add the flour and mix well with the vegetables. This helps the sauce thicken rather than turning watery.
5. Add the remaining ingredients, stir and cook for couple of more minutes and then take off the heat.
Serve the tuna steak with the stir vegetable, steamed rice or noddles.
For extra heat add a dash of chilli oil.